Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio on Thursday challenged Senator Antonio Trillanes IV to show where the P121 million she allegedly own is located and to prove how it became illegal.
Trillanes on Wednesday revived the issue on the alleged bank accounts of President Duterte which he claimed would prove that the President is not poor.
Deposited in the alleged bank account is P2 billion amount of money, the senator claimed.
He also showed a list of bank accounts that are named under the President’s children — Mayor Sara with P121 million; Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte with P104 million; and Sebastian Duterte with P143 million.
“If Trillanes can show where my alleged P121 million is right now and how it became illegal, kunin natin at ibigay ko sa inyo lahat,” Mayor Sara said in a statement.
Not only the children but also the President’s common-law wife, Honeylet Salvador Avanceña has P188 million and a presidential friend, Samuel Uy with P118 million, Trillanes alleged.
“Wala akong postura labas sa kung ano ang nakikita ng lahat. I never pretended to be what I am not,” Mayor Sara pointed out, adding that she also read the press statement of Trillanes.
The mayor emphasized that the challenge to answer the allegations was addressed to the President Duterte.
“Lets us allow PRD (President Duterte) to decide on how he wants this issue to go down,” Mayor Sara added.
Meanwhile, Senator Alan Peter Cayetano on Thursday defended President Duterte from the revived allegations made by Trillanes.
Cayetano described Trillanes the “Kuryente King.”
In a statement, Cayetano deemed the accusation as another desperate attempt by the senator to stop the reforms that are happening under the present administration.
“Marami siguro sa ilang padrino niya o nasa likod niya ay tinatamaan sa mga reforms na nagaganap ngayon,” Cayetano said.
The senator further questioned why Trillanes is all of a sudden trying to revive an issue that had long been settled.
“There was nothing new with his tirades. Trillanes is known for his constant attacks and baseless charges against the administration,” Cayetano added.
The senator then turned the tables on Trillanes and challenged him instead to explain where he got the funds he used for his anti-Duterte commercials that were aired in major television networks during last year’s campaign.
“He cannot explain where he got the money. Sino itong mga backer niya during the campaign na willing to pay tens of millions of pesos’ worth of negative ads? Hanggang ngayon, hindi niya dinedeklara kung sino itong mga ‘to,” Cayetano said.