The Task Force Davao spearheaded the Closing Ceremony of the five-day Davao City-based Special Operations Forces Interoperability Training at the headquarters of 1003rd Infantry (Raptor) Brigade, Camp Don Mariano Marcos, Malagos, Davao City on Friday.
During the capability demonstration as part of the ceremony, participants showcased synchronized and unified movement in neutralizing target enemies in various conflict scenarios.
Likewise, the eleven participating special units are as follows:
1. Counter Terrorist Platoon Task Force Davao;
2. Joint Special Operations Forces 1, Special Operations Command (SOCOM), Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP);
3. 4th Light Reaction Company, Light Reaction Regiment (LRR), Philippine Army;
4. 710th Special Operations Wing, Philippine Air Force;
5. Naval Special Operations Unit 7, Naval Special Operations Command (NAVSOCOM), Philippine Navy;
6. Special Weapon and Tactics of the Davao City Police Office;
7. Regional Mobile Force Battalion 11, Philippine National Police;
8. Special Operations Group, Cost Guard District Southeastern Mindanao;
9. Regional Maritime Unit 11; and
10. Aviation Security Unit.
In his message, Colonel Darren E Comia, Task Force Davao Commander, emphasized the significance of this training, especially the mastery and accomplishment of various missions.
“All special operation forces in Davao City possess all the tactics, techniques, procedures, and approaches, and we believed we need to harmonize everything because later on, if andiyan na ang threat, we have one special operations force that has one common to do and that is to neutralize the threat immediately,” said Colonel Comia.
Also present during the ceremony was the representative of Davao City Mayor Sebastian Duterte, Attorney Jonah Margarette Presto, the Peace 911 Focal Person.
Task Force Davao is an organic unit of the 10th Infantry (Agila) Division that is now under the operational control of Task Force Haribon based in Davao City.