Department of Transportation and Communications Secretary Arthur Tugade gave assurance Thursday that the campaign against corruption in the department has been relentless with the dismissal of officials and personnel linked to corruption.
In an interview during the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board National Management Conference at Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao on Thursday, Tugade said that more than 40 officials in LTFRB while 115 in DOTC have been relieved from their positions by way of “suspension, dismissal and resignation”.
On October, LTFRB announced that its officials, along with stakeholders in the transport sector, visited 14 regional offices (excluding the ones in Cagayan Valley and the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao).
As of October 2016, LTFRB’s rigid campaign against corruption has resulted to the following:
- 2 resigned regional directors (RD) (Bicol and Northern Mindanao)
- 2 retired RDs (Western Visayas & Davao Region)
- 1 suspended RD (Eastern Visayas)
- 1 resigned Legal Division (Central Office)
- 1 resigned Acting Chief, Transportation Development Officer (CTDO) (Bicol)
- 1 terminated Chief Public Assistance and Complaints Desk (PACD)
- 3 resigned Atty. IV (Hearing Officer) (Metro Manila, Bicol, Zamboanga Peninsula)
- 1 retired Administrative Officer V (Davao Region)
- 1 resigned TDO (Zamboanga Peninsula)
- 1 resigned Admin Asst. III (Ilocos Region)
- 4 resigned Admin Aide (Ilocos Region, Bicol, Metro Manila, Soccksksargen)
- 1 resigned Clerk 111 (Metro Manila)
- 1 resigned Financial Analyst (Bicol)
- 19 terminated Taxi Resealers
While the following are under investigation:
- 4 employees of Ilocos Region
- Regional Director (RD) of Eastern Visayas
- OIC RD of Department of Transportation – Cordillera Administrative Region
- 3 employees of LTFRB Metro Manila
To recall, LTFRB has issued Memorandum Order 2016-188 designating 3 liason officers to review cases from provinces and regions in Luzon, the Visayas, and Mindanao.
Meanwhile, Memorandum Order 2016-02 states that the registration of non-employees entering the building will be heightened to avoid fixers.
DOTC Sec. Tugade concluded that the campaign will still go on stressing on the directive of President Duterte to “get rid of corruption” in the agency.